For June I am going to work on slowing down and embracing the summer and the kids. I read about this here and it seems like a great idea.
Sometimes you get so involved in everything that needs done and that you want to involve the kids in, you don't slow down and enjoy it. My goal for June and throughout the summer will be to enjoy everything, take my time, and slow down.
Some ways I plan on doing this are:
1. Unplug and put the computer and phone down for most of the day.
2. Play outside, get dirty with the kids and let them be the messy kids they are!
3. Try not to constantly rush the kids to go places, we will get there when we get there.
4. Not pack my days so full that it is stressful and make the most of the weekends.
5. Work on my time management so that my free time is actually free time.
I am not saying that every day will work out this way or that I am going to let the kids run around inside the house covered in mud, but my goal is to do this 3/4 of the time instead of the 1/8 of the time I do it now.
Does anybody want to join me in slowing it down for the summer?